A lot of people like Dragonite for many different reasons. Some appreciate him for his lovely friendly and sweet demeanor, others admire his limitless areas of skills. Today we will see Dragonite's best attacks in different editions of the Pokemon video game saga, and other interesting facts.
Dragonite first appeared in Pokémon Red and Blue in 1996, the first game in the series. His strength level is extremely high, ranked as one of the strongest among hundreds of creatures from the Pokémon saga. He is famous as much for the successful sale of the game in the mid-1990s as for his own power and friendly attitudes. It appears in numerous video games in the Pokémon saga, including: Pokémon Red and Blue (1996), Gold and Silver (1999), Diamond and Pearl (2006), Pokémon Go (2016), and Pokémon Scarlet and Purple (2022).
But better let's stop talking, and let's get down to what's important.
Table of Contents
What are the Dragonite attacks in each Pokemon game?
Throughout the different Pokémon games, Dragonite can use different attacks. Here is a list of some of the attacks Dragonite has learned in the mainline Pokémon games:
- Red, blue, yellow: Hyper Beam, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Agility, Dragon Rage, Slam, Wrap.
- Gold/Silver/Crystal: Outrage, Dragon Breath, Wing Attack, Thunder Wave, Flamethrower, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Roar, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Fly.
- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Fly, Hyper Beam, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Surf, Strength.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Dragon Rush, Hyper Beam, Outrage, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Surf, Fly.
- Black White: Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Surf, Fly.
- X / Y: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Surf, Fly.
- Sun Moon: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Surf, Fly.
- Sword shield: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Hurricane, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Surf, Fly.
It should be noted that not all attacks are available in all games, and that Dragonite can learn other attacks through different methods, such as TMs or egg moves.
Perhaps you noticed that some games are missing to mention, but we have set them aside for you, here they are.
Best Dragonite attacks in Pokemon Go
In Pokémon GO, Dragonite is a Pokémon very powerful and versatile that can have several useful attacks in different situations. Some of the best Dragonite attacks in Pokémon GO are:
- Dragon Tail: It is a fast attack of the Dragon type that does good damage and quickly charges the energy bar.
- Dragon pulse: It is a Dragon-type charged attack that does great damage and has a good critical success rate.
- Anger: It is a fast attack of the Dragon type that does good damage and quickly charges the energy bar.
- Air attack: It is a Flying-type charged attack that does good damage and is very effective against Fighting-type Pokémon.
- Ice Beam: It is an Ice type charged attack that does good damage and is very effective against Ground, Flying and Dragon type Pokémon.
- Earthquake: It is a Ground-type charged attack that does great damage and is very effective against Fire, Electric, Poison, and Steel-type Pokémon.
Remember that the choice of attacks depends on the style of play and the type of Pokémon you are facing. Also, it's important to note that attacks can vary depending on how the Pokémon is captured, its level, and other factors.
Best Dragonite Attacks in Pokemon Scarlet and Purple
This is the latest edition of pokemon so far, of which you can learn more at this articleHere we can also have Dragonite. The main movements of him are the following.
- Extreme speed: It is a movement that deals damage and almost always attacks first.
- Dragon claw: It is a dragon type attack that causes great damage to the opponent. It has no side effects.
- Fire fist: Fire type attack that deals damage and has a chance to burn the enemy.
- air strike: This attack cannot miss, regardless of your opponent's effects or your own. However, it cannot attack under certain specific conditions. In triple combat it can attack non-adjacent targets.
How to get a Dragonite?
This will already depend on the game, since in some editions, the Pokémon is obtained in challenges in missions. However, in others, you need to get a Dratini or a Dragonair firstso that they can evolve later.
Does Dragonite appear in the Pokemon series?
Definitely yes, Dragonite appears on several occasions in the Pokemon TV series. In fact, it is one of the most popular and recurring Pokémon in the series.
Dragonite made its first appearance in the series in the first season episode "Island of the Giant Pokémon", where it appears as one of the giant Pokémon that inhabits a mysterious island. Since then, Dragonite has appeared in various episodes, movies, and specials of the series.
In the series, Dragonite is portrayed as a powerful and friendly Pokémon, and is often shown helping the main characters on their adventures. Notably, Ash Ketchum has a Dragonite in his team in the "Pokémon Journeys" season, where he uses it in several battles and shows it as one of his strongest and most reliable Pokémon. Despite the fact that in the series he does not present his classic game abilities, he is shown to be a very powerful being.
In short, Dragonite is a very popular and beloved Pokemon in the Pokemon series, and it has played a significant role several times throughout the series.
If you get a chance to use Dragonite in the Pokemon games, you should definitely consider it. Dragonite is a Very powerful and versatile Pokémon which can be very useful in many situations. It is no coincidence that it is one of the most famous and beloved "pocket monsters".
And that's all, I hope I've been helpful. Now you know the best Dragonite attacks, don't miss the opportunity to play with this magnificent Pokémon.
Be the first to comment